Please read the following instructions for your personal safety and the safe use of the couplings as a part of the brake system to avoid loss of brake function. Only original Raufoss ABC Release tools shall be used when releasing tubes from Raufoss ABC Couplings. Use of other methods, tools or equipment than those stated in this manual is considered misuse of the products and will void any product warranty. KA does not take responsibility for any subsequent failures as a result of misuse or misapplication of the products. When using the Raufoss ABC™ system, the exchange of valves, air reservoirs, air bellows etc. can be performed without any problem.
BEFORE STARTING TO WORK ON THE COUPLINGS
- Remove air pressure completely out of the pneumatic system, to be able to release the tubing / couplings.
- Remove cable ties close to ABC-coupling. Tube / ABC-coupling block must be accessible, and tube as straight as possible
- Clean the push-in area around the tube
- Clean the locking area of the Building Block.
- Make sure that no dirt or contamination will be pushed into the tube, the coupling or the valve port
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ABC™ SYSTEM
For more information about our products and proposals for assembly, please visit our page for general information.